Instructions on Installing
Quickbooks 2006 and earlier versions
Here are the steps on installing Quickbooks Pro and Premier 2006 and earlier versions. You can also visit the Quickbooks website for the installation instructions.
Whether you're installing Quickbooks from a CD or from a download, you have the same instruction. The only difference is starting the installation wizard. Are you ready? Let's get started your Quickbooks setup!
- Start the Installation Wizard:
- From a CD: Insert the Quickbooks CD into the CD-ROM drive. If the installation does not start automatically follow the steps below:
- Go to My Computer (If you see My Computer on your desktop, you can double click it or you can go to Start then click My Computer)
- Right click your CD-ROM drive then click Explore.
- Double click the Setup or Setup.exe file.
- From a Download: Double click the file you have downloaded from the Quickbooks website.
- Make sure to close any other open window or programs then click Next.
- Read the Software License Agreement. If you agree, click I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Enter the License Number and Product Number.
- Select an installation folder and decide if you want to upgrade an earlier version of QuickBooks:
- Click the Change button only if you want to choose a different installation folder from the one shown.
- Click Select an existing version to replace (upgrade) only if you want this version of QuickBooks to replace an earlier one. (Don't pick this option if you want to add this version of QuickBooks along with the other versions you already have).
- (Optional) If another version of QuickBooks is already installed on this computer, you can copy some common settings to the new version so you won't have to create those settings all over again.
- Click Install to continue, or click Back if you need to go back and review any of the prior screens.