Instructions on Installing
Here are the steps on installing Quickbooks Pro and Premier 2007. You can also visit the Quickbooks website for the installation instructions.
Whether you're installing Quickbooks from a CD or from a download, you have the same instruction. The only difference is starting the installation wizard. Are you ready? Let's get started your Quickbooks setup!
- Start the Installation Wizard:
- From a CD: Insert the Quickbooks CD into the CD-ROM drive. If the installation does not start automatically follow the steps below:
- Go to My Computer (If you see My Computer on your desktop, you can double click it or you can go to Start then click My Computer)
- Right click your CD-ROM drive then click Explore.
- Double click the Setup or Setup.exe file.
- From a Download: Double click the file you have downloaded from the Quickbooks website.
- In the Welcome screen, click Guided Install.
- Select whether to setup Quickbooks for one user or more than one user (multi-user setup).
- One Computer: If you want the Quickbooks setup to be for one computer only, click One Computer. This means that you will not use Quickbooks to share data with other users at the same time on a network, and then skip to Step 5.
- More than one computer: If you're setting up Quickbooks for more than one user or multi-user, click More than one user. This means you will use Quickbooks to share data with other users at the same time on a network and then continue with Step 4.
- (Multi-user installation only) Select the type of multi-user installation you want to use for this computer:
- Choose Install QuickBooks with the Company File Server if this computer will both run QuickBooks and store a company data file to share with other users on the network.
- Choose Install QuickBooks Only if this computer will only run QuickBooks (the company data file will be stored on another computer).
- Choose Install QuickBooks Company File Server Only if this computer will only be used to store and share company data files.
- If you are connected to the internet and able to download an update, click Next. If you are not connected to the internet, click No then click Next.
- Make sure to close any other open window or programs then click Next.
- Read the Software License Agreement. If you agree, click I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Enter the License Number and Product Number. (Note: This screen will not appear if you selected Install QuickBooks Company File Server Only in Step 4.)
- Select an installation folder and decide if you want to upgrade an earlier version of QuickBooks:
- Click the Change button only if you want to choose a different installation folder from the one shown.
- Click Select an existing version to replace (upgrade) only if you want this version of QuickBooks to replace an earlier one. (Don't pick this option if you want to add this version of QuickBooks along with the other versions you already have). Note: This option does not appear if you selected Install QuickBooks Company File Server Only in Step 4.
- (Optional) If another version of QuickBooks is already installed on this computer, you can copy some common settings to the new version so you won't have to create those settings all over again.
- Click Install to continue, or click Back if you need to go back and review any of the prior screens. After clicking Install, this will start the process of installing Quickbooks.