Instructions on Installing
Here are the steps on installing Quickbooks Pro and Premier 2009. You can also visit the Quickbooks website for the installation instructions.
Whether you're installing Quickbooks from a CD or from a download, you have the same instruction. The only difference is starting the installation wizard. Are you ready? Let's get started your Quickbooks setup!
- Start the Installation Wizard:
- From a CD: Insert the Quickbooks CD into the CD-ROM drive. If the installation does not start automatically follow the steps below:
- Go to My Computer (If you see My Computer on your desktop, you can double click it or you can go to Start then click My Computer)
- Right click your CD-ROM drive then click Explore.
- Double click the Setup or Setup.exe file.
- From a Download: Double click the file you have downloaded from the Quickbooks website.
- If you are connected to the internet and able to download an update, click Next. If you are not connected to the internet, click No then click Next.
- Make sure to close any other open window or programs then click Next.
- Read the Software License Agreement. If you agree, click I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
- Select whether to setup Quickbooks for one user or more than one user (multi-user setup).
- One User: If you want the Quickbooks setup to be for one user only, click One User. This means that you will not use Quickbooks to share data with other users at the same time on a network, and then skip to Step 8.
- More than one user: If you're setting up Quickbooks for more than one user or multi-user, click More than one user. This means you will use Quickbooks to share data with other users at the same time on a network and then continue with Step 6.
- (More than one user setup or Multi-user setup only) Select the installation type:
- Select Install Full Quickbooks with Database if you will run or would like to have the Quickbooks program on this computer.
- Select Install Database Server Only if you will only store Quickbooks data (.qbw file) on this computer. This installation type will not have the Quickbooks program.
- (More than one user setup or Multi-user setup only) Allow data access on this computer:
- Select Yes, allow access if you will store data on this computer to be shared with other users. This means, this computer will act as a server or this is the computer that will hold the data file.
- Select No, do not allow access if you will not store data on this computer to share with other users. This means, this computer will not be the server.
- Enter the License Number and Product Number (the text at the bottom of the window tells you where to look for it).
- Select an installation folder and decide if you want to upgrade an earlier version of QuickBooks:
- Click the Change button only if you want to choose a different installation folder from the one shown.
- Click Select an existing version to replace (upgrade) only if you want this version of QuickBooks to replace an earlier one. (Do Not pick this option if you want to add this version of QuickBooks along with the other versions you already have).
- (Optional) If another version of QuickBooks is already installed on this computer, you can copy some common settings to the new version so you won't have to create those settings all over again.
- (Optional) Install Google Desktop:
- Read the information and decide whether or not you want to install the QuickBooks Search Feature. If you are not using Google Desktop you can select No on this page.
- Click Install to continue, or click Back if you need to go back and review any of the prior screens. After clicking Install, this will start the process of installing Quickbooks.
- Click Finish after the installation is complete. You're now done in installing Quickbooks and you are now ready to use it.