Instructions on Installing
Installing Quickbooks 2010 is pretty much the same when you are installing an application. You just need to follow the on-screen instructions.
Here are the steps on how to install Quickbooks 2010:
- Start the Installation Wizard. You have two options either start it from a CD or from a download.
- From a CD - Insert the Quickbooks CD into the cd/dvd drive then it should start automatically. If it does not start automatcally, browse the Setup.exe file (Open My Computer > double click on the cd/dvd drive > double click Setup.exe).
- From a Download - browse to the downloaded file then double click it.
- Click Next to proceed on installing Quickbooks.
- Place a check mark on I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next. If you don't accept you will not be able to continue the installation.
- There are two types of installation you can select. Click Next to continue. If you chose Express skip to Step 7 or proceed to Step 5 if you chose Custom.
- Express - select this option to let the installer choose the recommended choices for you.
- Custom and Network Options - select this option if you're planning to set up Quickbooks for multi-user environment or if you want to change the folder location where Quickbooks will be installed.
- Three options for Custom and Network Options. Click Next to continue.
- I'll be using Quickbooks on this Computer - choose this option to install Quickbooks on this computer but the company file does not reside or located on this computer.
- I'll be using Quickbooks on this computer, AND I'll be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network - choose this option to install Quickbooks on this computer AND the company file resides or located on this computer as well.
- I will NOT be using Quickbooks on this computer. I will be storing our company file here so it can be shared over our network. (A license is not required for this option.) - choose this option to install the Quickbooks Database manager. This will serve as the file server and you will not have access to Quickbooks application.
- Select an option then click Next to continue.
- Change the install location - choose this option if you want to change the folder where Quickbooks will be installed, click Browse.
- Replace the version selected below with the version I'm installing now - this option will only be available if you have previous version of Quickbooks installed on your computer. Choose this option to upgrade to Quickbooks 2010.
- Click Install to start installing Quickbooks.
- Add service and support shortcuts - if you want to have shortcut icons available on your desktop, place a check mark on this box. This will be shortcuts for support options and services that Intuit is offering.
- Click Finish to close the window. If you see this window this means that the installation is successful and has completed.