The system requirements listed here all apply to Quickbooks 2010 SimpleStart, Pro and Premier Editions. Here are the minimum requirements:
Operating systems supported:
- Windows XP (SP2 or later strongly recommended), all editions including 64 bit if SP2 or later installed
- Windows Vista, all editions including 64 bit if SP2 or later installed or Windows Vista with UAC, all editions including 64 bit
- Windows 7, all editions including 64 bit if SP2 or later installed or Windows Vista with UAC, all editions including 64 bit
- Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008
For Windows XP, Vista and 7:
- At least 2.0GHz Pentium 4 processor; 2.4GHz recommended.
- At least 512MB RAM for a single user; 1GB recommended.
- At least 1GB of RAM for multiple, concurrent users.
- 1 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files).
- 4x CD-ROM drive required for CD installs.
- Display optimized for 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher. 1024 x 768 screen resolution or higher is required.
- U.S. verison of Windows only.
- Regional Settings are supported when set to English (United States) with keyboard setting to US only.
- Disk space requirements for additional software:
- 232MB for Microsoft .NET 3.5 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD.
- Google Desktop Search (in-product search) space requirements are determined by the size of the company file and the nature of use. It is not unusual for indices to be as large as 1GB.
QuickBooks 2010 is compatible with:
- QuickBooks Customer Manager V2.0 and later.
- QuickBooks Client Manager v2.0 and later.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale v4.0 and later.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner functionality, viewing forms, and e-mailing forms requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 and later
- Payroll and other online features and services: Requires Internet access with at least a 56Kbps connection speed (DSL or cable modem recommended).
- Microsoft Office 2002, 2003, or 2007
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2002, 2003 or 2007.
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2002, 2003 or 2007.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2002, 2003 or 2007.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook.