Quickbooks Enhanced Payroll
Quickbooks Enhanced Payroll is one of the quickbooks payroll services that Intuit has. This service is available for desktop Quickbooks application. Once you have installed the supported version of payroll software, quickbooks can easily be subscribed for this service. You just need to make sure that you have internet connection so that you can download the latest payroll tax rates.
What can you get with this payroll service? Let me give you some of its benefits.
- Pay your employees with just few clicks.
You can create paychecks with just few clicks. Print them or you can use the Direct Deposit feature which is an add-on feature.
- Payroll tax is automatically calculated.
You don’t have to manually compute for the taxes of your employees. Federal and State payroll taxes are computed automatically with this service, as long as you have downloaded the latest payroll tax rates. You can even have a reminder when the tax payments are due.
- Payroll tax forms are completed for you.
You just need to print the forms for federal and states’ payroll taxes because this is automatically completed for you.
Before you get the Quickbooks Enhanced Payroll, you should have the following:
- Currently supported Quickbooks version. If you are using a Quickbooks version that is no longer supported, you will not be able to set up this service. So it’s important to know that you have the supported version.
- Internet connection is necessary. You need this for you to download the latest payroll tax rates. If you don’t have the latest rates, you will not get the correct calculation of your employees’ taxes. So you have to make sure that you always download the latest payroll tax rates.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN) is necessary when setting up payroll. So make sure that you have your EIN when setting this up. You can visit the IRS to apply for one.
If you think this is the right payroll service for you and you have everything that you need, you can click here to get the Quickbooks Enhanced Payroll.
You might also want to see the Payroll Setup Checklist. This checklist will list all the things that you need to gather before you start setting up your payroll. It is important that you set up your payroll correctly the first time to avoid problems. In this list you will need your company information, employee information, tax information and payroll history information.
Once you subscribe to Quickbooks Enhanced Payroll, you will get a Service Key that you will use to activate your payroll subscription. To activate your payroll subscription in Quickbooks, see the steps below:
- Open your Quickbooks.
- Click Employees menu > Payroll.
- Click Enter Service Key.
- In the Quickbooks Service Keys window, click Add.
- Enter the Service Key provided to you then click Next.
- Click Finish and Quickbooks will download the latest tax table and verify your Payroll Subscription.
To begin the payroll setup interview, follow the steps below. Make sure you have activated your payroll subscription because the steps below will not be available unless you have activated your subscription.
- In Quickbooks, click Employees menu > Payroll Setup.
- In the Quickbooks Payroll Setup window, select Company Setup to begin the setup process.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. The interview provides a step-by-step guide for setting up payroll.