Quickbooks Online Backup or Local Backup. Which One Is Better?
Quickbooks backup is very important either it's Quickbooks online backup or local backup. Why? You don't want to wake up one morning and find out that your financial data are all gone.
You can never tell when your computer will crash, that's why it's important that you are ready. Make it a habit to backup your file at least once a week. Never overwrite the backup you already made, always create a new backup instead of overwriting the old one.
Which is better, Quickbooks online backup or local backup? Let me show you some of the advantages and disadvantages for each type of backup.
Quickbooks Online Backup
- Fully automated. Does not require user intervention. You just need to setup one time and it will do the backup for you depending on the schedule that you set.
- No need to alot extra space in your computer or buy disc just for your backups.
- Safer. You don't have to worry about misplacing any backup disc since you have an online backup.
- You have to pay for the online backup service.
- Slow transfer rate. Depending on how much data you're going to backup online and how fast your internet connection.
- This is not a good choice if you're on a Dial-up connection.
- Internet connection is not required. If your internet connection is down or up, it doesn't matter since you have your backup handy.
- Faster in restoring data. Since the backup is only in the hard drive or in a disc, the restoration is faster.
- You only have to pay for the disc or if you're going to make the backup on your hard drive, it's going to be free.
- You need an extra space in your hard drive or buy disc for your backups.
- Lost or misplaced of backup.
- Possible data loss due to hardware failure caused by faulty disc or faulty hard drive.
Now that you've read the pros and cons of each backup type, it's for you to decide which one will be better. It really depends on your own preference. Here's more detailed information about Quickbooks Online Backup in case you would like to know more about it.
If you decide to go for local backup, here's a more detailed instruction about Quickbooks Backup (locally). From setting up to backing up your company file.
Of course, if you know how to backup your file you should know how to restore it. Here's a more detailed instruction about Quickbooks Restore.