Intuit has what they called Quickbooks Service Discontinuation Policy/Plan. This policy simply states that there are Quickbooks versions that will no longer be supported. Every year they are discontinuing the support and services for a specific version of Quickbooks.
- Why does Intuit have Quickbooks Service Discontinuation Policy?
- How would you know if your product is still supported?
- What will happen if you are using a discontinued product?
- What are the services that will be affected when Intuit discontinues a product?
- How to get a best deal to purchase latest product?
- Need someone to complete the upgrade for you?
They want to keep up with the fast moving technology that we have and in order for them to do this, they will have to retire or sunset certain products and services.
You just need to minus 3 to the current year. For example, if the current year today is 2010 just minus it with 3 then it's 2007. So Intuit will be discontinuing the Quickbooks 2007 product for the current year 2010. Also you can visit Intuit's website to check when they will discontinue a product.
It's okay to use a product that Intuit has discontinued already or part of Quickbooks service discontinuation policy. The only thing is that you will not be able to get any help by calling Intuit's technical support. Before they can support you, you will have to upgrade to the latest version or to the versions that are still supported. Product updates and other services that Intuit offers will only be available on their supported products.
Here are the services that are part of Quickbooks Service Discontinuation Policy:
- Intuit Technical Support / Live Support - You will not be able to get a help from Intuit technical support if you are still using the unsupported product. They can only support you if you will be upgrading to the supported products.
- Payroll Services - If you are processing your payroll through Quickbooks, you will have to upgrade to their latest product or supported product if you still want to continue to use their payroll service.
- Product Updates - You will not be able to download any product updates for unsupported products. This will no longer be available from the Intuit's website.
- Credit Card Processing, Merchant Services - If you are processing credit cards within Quickbooks, you will have to upgrade to the supported products in order for you to continue processing or accepting credit cards within Quickbooks.
- Online Banking - If you are downloading bank statements through Quickbooks, this will only be available on supported products.
- Other Services like Billing Solution (Online Billing), Bill Pay, Employee Organizer, Quickbooks Email - These services will be discontinued if you will be using the unsupported products.
If you are using the product that will be discontinued this year, Intuit can offer you a discount if you will be upgrading to the latest version. If you have quetions you can call them at 1-866-676-9670 (1-866-272-8735 for Enterprise customers).
Intuit has a service called Quickbooks Permium installation service. What this service does is an agent can help you upgrade the product for you. This will be free if you have Quickbooks Support Plan but if you don't there would be a one time charge. You can contact them at 1-866-676-9670 (1-866-272-8735 for Enterprise customers).